AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i have made up my mind and am going with the x1 unless someone can give me a very good alternative or reason not to, anyone know of coupons, rebates, or deals better than this?

InFocus Business Projector (X1)

IFC X1 • DLP™ technology

• SVGA 800 x 600 resolution • Screen size up to 21.6'

• Only 6.8 lbs.

$759.99

if you know if a way to get a better price let me know asap. thx

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Its not the price..its what youre getting now vs the next best bang for the buck.

But if you must, you must..may the lumens be with you.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
if its the x1 and not the x2 or x1a without the dcdi chip its well worth it. great starter projector for cheap and will allow you to find out if you really want to go this route and yes i do love mine. i have thought about buying a second one so i can move this one i have noe into the bedroom

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey, I responded to your other post in the "home theater general" section, but I didn't elaborate much about the x1 so here ya go.

I love my x1. I have had no problems with it since i got it. Its great to have the movie theater experience at home. I have girls calling me all the time to come over and watch movies (no, that's not a joke) Its great. I was playing doom3 the other day on my 10 foot screen and it was intense. Take the plunge, get the x1, you're getting a great deal on it at that price too. Good luck, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the X1. Especially for that kind of money. I bought one in 2002 when it was first introduced and I paid over $1600 for it. It still has less than 300-hrs on it and I've now replaced it with a BenQ7800. As pen25 said, just make sure it is an X1. I guess ours will show up on the old auction block soon.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Can't talk about where to buy at what price here! This thread will get closed if you do. That being said, at that price point; you are getting a good deal. It always comes down to your budget. The next step up would be the Optoma H30 and the step after that would be either the BenQ6200 or the Infocus 4805. Are the other projectors worth the money increase over the X1? That is up to your budget. IMO, yes, but you will not get double the increase in picture quality with double the price. The H30 is probably about 25% better than the X1, I would guess just looking at the specs of having a better color wheel etc even though the resolution is the same.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I just got my X1 for $720 + Tax a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting for all of my goodies to come in now before I put it together. A couple of the B&M stores to my knowledge are clearing them out to make room for the X1a and the X2 so they are now on "clearance". I got lucky and got a 10% off coupon to add from the 800 price tag that I was able to use. So just look around and I'm sure you can find good deals on the X1 right now. Just keep shopping around online and at B&M stores..

For the price, I am extremely happy that I can now have a 65" plus screen in the bedroom without having to sacrifice any space or tearing down any walls to get the set in the room. :p

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Watching High Def Sports this year on my X1 has been the best thing I've ever viewed. This is where this Proj truley shines. I use a 96" 16:9 Carada btw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you will like it

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
You gotta get lucky. Check out all the B&M places personally and get a saleperson to check their inventory. Sometmes you can find a returned X1 on sale.

I've found good deals on electronics that were in the back room and hadn't been brought out yet.

Get like Columbo and you might find one. Try online.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Cyrano,

Thanks for the tips. I'll scoure my local B&M's to see what they have. Though it'll be tough to beat the BenQ $799 price tag. My dad really wants to get a theater and he wants to watch a lot of TV so the X1 would be great for him. He's not to likely to buy a refurb unless he can get a great extended warranty on it.

Thanks again,

Russell

·
Registered
515 Posts
I love it, just upgraded it to a 4800 firmware and now I'm even more impressed. At that price it's a no brainer, a bulb is almost that price (think were getting hosed?).

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the local CC check the computer to see if they had one and the guy told me know. Do you think it would show up in the computer system if he did a search for it?
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrano
You gotta get lucky. Check out all the B&M places personally and get a saleperson to check their inventory. Sometmes you can find a returned X1 on sale.

I've found good deals on electronics that were in the back room and hadn't been brought out yet.

Get like Columbo and you might find one. Try online.

Good luck!

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Golfer2000
I had the local CC check the computer to see if they had one and the guy told me no. Do you think it would show up in the computer system if he did a search for it?
It most likely would show up in the computer. However, when I have gotten lucky at finding items like this it is because a salesperson and I were getting along well and they would go into the back room and look around. Sometimes they'd find something that had been not inventoried.

Best Buy is also a good place to look. Good Guys might even have more PJs now. I don't know - our GG left town since there was a CC and a BB all within shouting distance of each other so GG packed up and left. GG had one PJ on display 2 years ago when they left.

Perhaps the telephone is a good way to search distant B&Ms. If an X1 is found it'd be worth a long drive to get it. (IMO)

Good luck!

EDIT - Do a search here at AVSFORUM (use the "crawler" setting in the Search options) and read up about the X2 and the X1a. If you are using a good quality DVD player (look here ) you might be able to get by w/o the Faroudja. Although VHS, 8mm Video, Cable, Satellite and Laserdiscs are all helped by the Faroudja circuitry (unless any of these is using the progressive signal path).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the help. What do you think about buying someones used projector? Ive always been a bit reluctant as you dont know exactly how they treated it. Thanks again
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrano
It most likely would show up in the computer. However, when I have gotten lucky at finding items like this it is because a salesperson and I were getting along well and they would go into the back room and look around. Sometimes they'd find something that had been not inventoried.

Best Buy is also a good place to look. Good Guys might even have more PJs now. I don't know - our GG left town since there was a CC and a BB all within shouting distance of each other so GG packed up and left. GG had one PJ on display 2 years ago when they left.

Perhaps the telephone is a good way to search distant B&Ms. If an X1 is found it'd be worth a long drive to get it. (IMO)

Good luck!

EDIT - Do a search here at AVSFORUM (use the "crawler" setting in the Search options) and read up about the X2 and the X1a. If you are using a good quality DVD player here[/url]) you might be able to get by w/o the Faroudja. Although VHS, 8mm Video, Cable, Satellite and Laserdiscs are all helped by the Faroudja circuitry (unless any of these is using the progressive signal path).

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Golfer2000
Thanks for the help. What do you think about buying someones used projector? Ive always been a bit reluctant as you dont know exactly how they treated it. Thanks again
You're welcome. I kinda answered you in this other thread.

It'll work out, I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.