AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to build a decent system for my living room, which is roughly a 16’ x 16’ space with 9’ ceilings. I went to my local dealer and after listening to some different brands, plus some research I settled on the GET Triton 2+. As I was about to make the purchase my dealer gave me a sweet deal on some Ones they were trying to get out of their inventory. A quick listen and I was sold. I’m slowly working on a surround system and I already purchased and Anthem 1120 to build on.

My next step is a center channel. I have read a lot and it seems the most appropriate compliment in the GET range to the Ones was the Supercenter XXL. This is no longer carried so I’m either between the XL or the newer Reference Model. The Reference is twice the price as the XL. I find this disappointing they eliminated the model that’s was in between price points. That being said, to compliment the Triton Ones given my room space should I try to find a way to fork out the extra cash and get the Reference Center or would the XL compliment the Ones sufficiently. Unfortunately my dealer didn’t have any to demo so I’m reliant upon you guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As a GE dealer the SC REF is indeed the best choice.

The T1 will or already has given way to the T1r.
Yeah I noticed that, which is why I assume I got a good deal on them, paying not much more then the 2+ were.

I’m assuming the SC Reference is the better choose because the bass extension is more complimentary to the Ones then the SC XL?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the XL and we sit about 9’ away.

It is a great speaker. But, I would have bought the XXL if I had known about it at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts