AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I am new to av world and I am trying to build my home theatre in steps.

My room is 5.5 metres x. 5 metres equal to 16.5 feet by 15 feet

For the speakers I have narrowed my choice to Golden ear 2 or 7 for L & R speakers and goldenear super cinema 3 D array sound bar for the centre and supersat 3 , one pair for surrounds.

The speakers will be used for 70 percent movies & 30 percent for listening to music.

I auditioned the goldenear triton 2 separately as 2 channel stereo and soundbar as an independent speaker. The av dealer did not have a supercentreXL or other centre for audition.

Is my choice of 3D array soundbar correct with triton 2 or 7 .? Or should I look out for another centre?

Triton 2 is $4000 per pair and 3D array soundbar is $ 1400 in Sydney. Can anybody suggest a place / website in Australia where I can get it cheaper?

Blue ray player : oppo bd 103 darbee edition. ( $800 ) I know oppo 105 bd darbee is the ultimate for audiophile quality sound because it has Sabre 32 but it is selling for $1600-1700 and it is out of my budget at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Curious how you are considering the Two and the Seven, but skipping over the Three. If you went with the Seven, wouldn't you want to add a sub to the mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinfant  /t/1520673/goldenear-triton-2-or-7-with-3d-array-cinema-bar#post_24430876

Hi ,

I am new to av world and I am trying to build my home theatre in steps.

My room is 5.5 metres x. 5 metres equal to 16.5 feet by 15 feet

For the speakers I have narrowed my choice to Golden ear 2 or 7 for L & R speakers and goldenear super cinema 3 D array sound bar for the centre and supersat 3 , one pair for surrounds.

The speakers will be used for 70 percent movies & 30 percent for listening to music.

I auditioned the goldenear triton 2 separately as 2 channel stereo and soundbar as an independent speaker. The av dealer did not have a supercentreXL or other centre for audition.

Is my choice of 3D array soundbar correct with triton 2 or 7 .? Or should I look out for another centre?

Triton 2 is $4000 per pair and 3D array soundbar is $ 1400 in Sydney. Can anybody suggest a place / website in Australia where I can get it cheaper?

Blue ray player : oppo bd 103 darbee edition. ( $800 ) I know oppo 105 bd darbee is the ultimate for audiophile quality sound because it has Sabre 32 but it is selling for $1600-1700 and it is out of my budget at the moment.

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
You don't need a soundbar for the center. Go with the standard center channel and save some cash: Supercenter X.

If you are going to get a subwoofer, I would go with the Triton 7s. If not, I would go for the Triton 2 or 3, let your ears and pocketbook decide.

The Triton 7 has gotten rave reviews for superior sound quality (even as compared to the 2 and 3) however, it is more limited when the volume gets excessive. If you are going to play the system very loud, you might want to go 2 or 3 instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts