AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got some Digital Grey Lite Goo, and I am trying to decide whether to paint it directly onto my wall or get some sort of plastic sheet to paint it on. My screen is going to be 9 feet wide. I will have to roll it. I thought about getting a 5 x10 Parklands sheet, but I've read too much about people getting damaged ones from Parkland and having to return them again and again until they finally got a good one without defects. A local plastics house is able to cut 3/8 acrylic to the size I need, for about $200.

Obviously, If I paint goo right onto the wall it wont be nearly as smooth and low-texture as it would be if I painted it onto primed plastic of some sort. But the thought of spending $200 for a sheet of plastic, having to rent a truck from Home Depot to get it home ($30?), the issues of mounting such a beast on my wall-- I seem to be leaning towards just rolling the stuff on my wall. Thoughts, suggestions, tips?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hardboard, which is the same as pegboard but without the holes, is what I use for my current Glidden Universal Grey painted screen. I just got goo and plan on doing a hardboard screen in goo soon. The material is wood with a machine smooth side perfect for screen painting.

Only comes in 4 x 8, but is cheap. If you downsize your 9ft screen to 8 you have this or several other options of materials at home depot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well... The extra cost of the material plus truck rental my pay off. Think about it this way, you are going to be inspecting that screen for many years to come. Why second guess your intuition. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.