AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Ken's site, his Goo can be applied to flexible material like blackout cloth (as jeffelliott has recently done) and remain flexible.

Is it flexible enough to make a rollup screen?

What's the smallest bend radius the Goo will tolerate before becoming damaged?

I need to make a rollup for my install and was going to use blackout cloth on a 2" diameter roller, but if the Goo is as good as everyone says, maybe I'll try it.

Has anyone tried this? Maybe Ken can answer?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
It is flexable enough that it will never cause problems with roll-ups. however, it is an acrylic,and might have problems with the plastisers that are in most or all PVC materials. the screengoo might always be sticky to the touch. Forever.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Ken!

I'm wondering where the comment about PVC came from? I know the blackout cloth has some sort of plastic membrane sandwiched between 2 pieces of cloth. Is that why you mention it? Is that plastic some sort of PVC and you're trying to tell me that that the Goo won't ever really dry properly (or at all) on blackout cloth? If so, what other kind of cloth/fabric/roll-able stuff could you recommend?

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
goo wil work on blackout wth NO problems Goo will probably remain sticky if used on the surface of the avarage roll up screen materail..as it has plasticsers in it, to keep the PVC soft and supple, tor prevent cracking. this gets into the mix (outgassing from the vynil) and keeps the paint from properly drying. Blackout materail does not do this, at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.