AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 500mL bottles one is the Digital Grey Basecoat and the other is the Digtal Grey Topcoat. I am going to be painting on a MDF Board and just want to do a sample to see what it looks like. I am going to be rolling it on with the proper roller that it is recomended.

What is the ratio for thinning this out with the filtered water that Goo Systems recommends?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Thre is NO thinning with the product when rolling. Not necessary. Thinning is generally reserved for spraying, to get to the right viscosity for the spraying equipment in question.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ken.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
On a related note. . .

How much area can typically be covered with 500mL of Goo base & 500mL of topcoat assuming the surface is previously primed white?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Assayer,

After listening to Ken for an afternoon I have the definitive answer on GOO coverage. Here it is.

IT DEPENDS!

It's not possible for Ken to tell you. It will depend on way too many variables. Things like

- your technique

- your roller's characteristics

- the characteristics of the surface (texture, porosity, absorbtion, how white it is to start. . . )

So, although Ken can tell you how much he could cover with his equipment it won't tell you all that much.

Hey Ken, do I get a gold star or what? One free can of CRT white?

:D

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
hmm... I'm thinking.

Goo, when rolled, tends to go no farther than about 25 sq. feet per 500mL container (half quart). trying to push it beyond that is not a good idea. This is two layers of THIN coats, per that single container.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.