AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about these Creative Inspire t12 speakers. They're relatively new, so I've only been able to find like 4 reviews on the internet (from apple) and I was wondering if there was anyone here who knows if they're good. I'm looking for 2.0 speakers (don't want that extra box), but I also want ok bass. I don't want the windows to rattle or anything, I just don't want to listen to my music from what sounds like a pair of headphones on a high volume. I saw these for 40 dollars which is a price I'm willing to pay for good sound (not much more though). If anyone has any better suggestions, then I'll take those

Thanks everyone for all your help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to hear whether these can actually go down to 45Hz or not. They look nice, but I don't know about sound quality, as I've never listened to them.

If you can get them for $40, then you can't go too wrong - the ones I saw were for $65. If you don't like them, you could probably sell them on e-bay for the same price you payed for them, making sure you keep all the packaging beforehand to increase value.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well... I'd go with these, which are more expensive...

http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/...?tag=mncol;lst

I bought a pair for my parent's PC in the kitchen... Very impressive sound for their diminutive size, easily beats the other 2.0 computer speakers, like the Bose, or those Creative's... Which I purchased and returned before getting the Altec Lansings.

The review complains of harsh highs, but I've not noticed anything of the sort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks everyone.

First of all enigmaticEntity, buy.com used to have it for 40 and free shipping, but yesterday I saw they changed it and now it's like 65 plus 7 dollars or so for shipping
The cheapest I saw after shipping is $58 which I don't want to spend, so I'm going to have to go with something else.

nr5667 thanks for the suggestion but those are way too expensive for me and they probably have more bass than I want. I think I'm going to go with the JBL duet speakers. There are some negative reviews, but there are a lot more positive ones so I'm going to try them out. Good choice?

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinguy /forum/post/16995898

Thanks everyone.

First of all enigmaticEntity, buy.com used to have it for 40 and free shipping, but yesterday I saw they changed it and now it's like 65 plus 7 dollars or so for shipping
The cheapest I saw after shipping is $58 which I don't want to spend, so I'm going to have to go with something else.

nr5667 thanks for the suggestion but those are way too expensive for me and they probably have more bass than I want. I think I'm going to go with the JBL duet speakers. There are some negative reviews, but there are a lot more positive ones so I'm going to try them out. Good choice?

For $33, surely they can't be a bad investment. If "Harman Multimedia" is the same as "Harman/Kardon" then I would think they should sound pretty similar to the H/K 19.5, which seemingly is a rare and old system nowdays. They were the squarer version with in-built, un-adjustable bass and a treble (tone) control. Same cabling, same power, freq. response 80Hz - 20 000Hz. I thought they sounded pretty good for a 3" 2.0.

Also, one of the reviews I saw suggested the AL 2100's, but I don't think they'd suit you - too much bass, little lacking in mids...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually posted a thread like this in the "speakers" section being that there are a lot more viewers there. If you want to check it, here you go http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=boston+mm220

It pretty much came out that I'm going to go with the Boston Acoustic mm220's which used to be sold for $100 (still is on some sites), but has been marked down to $30!! I saw these before on amazon but I had no clue they were any good until someone on AVS suggested them, so they gotta be good.

Yeah, I didn't like the Altec Lansings because of the price anyway, and the fact that cnet says it's too bassy didn't make me want to buy them any more.
I probably would've gone with the JBL's (and, yes, I'm pretty sure it's the same company for people with lower budgets), but I figured that speakers that used to cost $100 are probably better.

I already ordered the BA mm220's so when I get them I'll probably tell everyone (in the "speakers" section- see link above) if I like them or not. Don't worry, I know they won't go and buy them now just because I recommend them, but if they're good I just want to thank them for helping me.
And if they're bad..... well, I'll have to think of something.
(It's amazing what little smilies can do)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.