AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Need a good 32" t.v. for my bedroom and will be playing the 360/ps2 on it and watching sd dvd on the 360. Needs to be under 700$ and will take any brand but Sony from personal experience. WAs actually looking towards sharp or maybe a sammy.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I have the Vizio VO32L and love it, no motion blur, great picture. It's

You should take a look at those as well.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just ordered a Sammy LN32A450. It got the best review on CNET for that size. I'll let you know what I think once it arrives.

Ted

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually looking at that with alot of consideration alsd. plz let me know about it. it sounds really good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just recently picked up a 32" lc32d64u from sharp. 1080p. it was 786 with a price match but that deal is over. i know under 700 is your range but spending maybe 800 can get you a 1080p set if you look around enough. i was considering the 32lg30 before this considering it has the 2nd best review from cnet for 32".

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
honestly 700$ was a bad guess. I dont know how much I will make this summer. maybe even more than a 1000$ so I might try vizio vs42lf but if it's too big i'll take it back. my viewing range is at least 6'. Is that enough?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
42in is plenty fine for 6 ft. Some will say go larger but it's your own preferance. If you want the TV to blend into your surrondings and not dominate it, 42 inches is perfect for 6ft.

I sit between 4 and 5 feet away from my 32in and it's spot on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright thats cool. I was looking at other vizio 42", but on the Vizio website it says they only support 1080p? what's the deal with that? Also is 8ms response time good?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
it'll support 480i,480p,720P, 1080i and 1080P. They emphasize the 1080P for selling point reasons, but it will support all of the above.

8ms is just fine, mine is 8ms and I have no motion blur what so ever, I watch alot of sports. Baseball, basketball etc.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If the 8ms response time is a nagging issue for you you should check out the VO42L which has a 5ms for right around the same price.

also this new 42in from them is due out at by the end of the month
http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=69

This set will have 120HZ with Motion Enhancer, 5ms response time and the SRS Surrond Sound system built in. don't know what the street price will be for that though. But it does look like it will be an amazing set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts