AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a suggestion for a novice about where to buy or what brand to go with as far as a good value 5 or 6 shelve av rack?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I myself am looking into the Sanus line and are about a 1/3 the price of billy bags and I like the look and they can hold my 65lb receiver. Go to www.sanus.com for more info

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I use the Sanus Systems euro modular rack and it is solid as a rock. You can add or remove shelves, or use taller posts if you need more space between shelves. Best Buy carries some Sanus Systems stuff, but I have not seen the euro.

Dsmith

·
Registered
239 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by manufanatic
i have this unit nothing better on the market in my opinion

http://www.bdiusa.com/avfurniture/axis_8022.shtml

cost varies from 6-800
BDI makes great stuff their only vice is the price. I looked long and hard at the AXIS 8026. One of the reasons was my 5803 weighs 65lb but finally settled on a BUSH rack and I am very happy with the quality, price, and the WAF is very high.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The avrak would fit in the alcove perfectly. It can also rotate or if you would like it can be pulled out on a set of tracks and rotated. This makes it much easier to wire and make future equipment changes. The shelves are infinitely adjustable also. You can also get all kinds of accessories. It is also less expensive than most of these other solutions. http://www.avrak.com/eas/avrak/images/avrak.jpg

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CodeEcks
BDI makes great stuff their only vice is the price. I looked long and hard at the AXIS 8026. One of the reasons was my 5803 weighs 65lb but finally settled on a BUSH rack and I am very happy with the quality, price, and the WAF is very high.
My wife saw the BDI on line and said that was the one. I got it for 580 shipped and I couldnt be happier. Which bush rack do u have that allows for a 65 lbs 4000 dollar monster 5803

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
FYI. I was told by the folks at Sanus Systems that the Euro rack modular shelves will hold 100 lbs.

Dsmith

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm thinking about a new shelf/rack but none of these seem like they would be good because I have a plethora of wires to cover that sure don't seem like they would all be hidden in small tubes and whatnot in the back of most of these. I need something with a solid back but with hole cutouts. That Avrak seems cool if it had sides on it so it would be fine out in the open. Anyway, I have 3 game systems, DVD, VCR, SAT, and Receiver. The receiver alone has a ton of wires.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm looking for a rack that is not tall (under 4') but can accomodate my HK AVR 7200, which has dimensions of 17.3"W x 7.6"H x 20.5"D and weighs 59.1 lbs. The weight and the depth measurements are what are killing me as far as trying to find a suitable rack. Anyone have any suggestions for this component?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.