AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any opinions on a good matching 7-channel Amp for the AV8003? I'm reluctant to get the paired MM8003 because the 8th channel seems like a waste to me. I'm running an NHT Evolution T6 speaker system (6 ohm). I've taken a brief look at B&K, Parasound and Sherbourn. If I can get something for under $2000, sweet...but I budgeted up to $3K. Let me know. Thanks in advance!

-John

·
Registered
288 Posts
The MM8003 is not discrete so if you're not using the full 8 channels the "extra" power will be split among the channels you do use.

Personally, I would look for a used Theta Dreadnaught, Pass Labs X300.5, a BAT or a Gemstone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your inputs, gang. The Emotiva looks quite tempting. I think the suggestions by cansp6 are going to be a bit out of the price range, even if I can find 'em used. Anyone else care to throw in?

-John

·
Registered
273 Posts
The Emotiva MPS-2 is a fantastic amplifier.

Those with more of a HT bent sometimes double up on Emotiva amplifiers, and get the XPA-2 and XPA-5 combination if they want serious power to their mains. Still a bargain at $1600 for the two IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts