AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what were the LCD projectors for under $1000 that are comparable in visual quality to projectors such as the Optoma HD65.

I don't know much about LCD projectors, or where they rank in various price ranges. I was interested in one because of the lack of bulb, and ability to adjust the picture size etc.. to a finer degree without having to adjust the position of the projector itself.

I was wondering what LCD projectors for under $1000 you would put in the same category visually speaking, as an Optoma HD65. I am not looking for anything to great, I would be fine with a crisp 720p image (don't think 1080p is available for under $1000 when it comes to LCD.)

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416 /forum/post/18308572

I don't know much about LCD projectors, or where they rank in various price ranges. I was interested in one because of the lack of bulb, and ability to adjust the picture size etc.. to a finer degree without having to adjust the position of the projector itself.

LCD projectors still have a bulb. The only "bulb-free" projectors are the LED ones, and they're either extremely expensive or very dim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416 /forum/post/18308572

I was wondering what LCD projectors for under $1000 you would put in the same category visually speaking, as an Optoma HD65. I am not looking for anything to great, I would be fine with a crisp 720p image (don't think 1080p is available for under $1000 when it comes to LCD.)

It depends whether you're willing to wait. The Viewsonic Pro8100 (1080P) is hovering at around $1300 now. Every now and then it'll be discounted down to under $1100; I'm aimingto buy one as soon as I see it below $1000. I've also seen the Sanyo PLV-1080HD turn up for under $1000. Getting these just means that you have to wait for a deal to turn up.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have the 705HD and I am very happy with it but it doesn't have the placement flexibility you are looking for. Relatively short throw. Closest would be the Panasonic AX200 for around $950. Epson discontinued the home cinema 720. Panny would be your best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts