·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by K. C.
TiVo Town or Sonicblue City?

If there's one thing I can't get enough of, it's "advertainment."
Spam by any other word.

Interesting article... of course any using both platforms now can clearly see it. I even noticed TiVo is apparently once again backing off of 30 second skip? Great... next big thing: Eye-lids-wired-open? That's really the thing about using TiVo. You just never know what's next. I mean you can imagine your worst nightmare, people even joke. Then next thing ya know... http://www.plauder-smilies.de/sad/smhair1.gif

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quote:
There is grousing about another "advertainment," though -- TiVo's recent usurpation of people's DVRs to record a new BBC show that folks hadn't asked for. Unless customers had something else scheduled to record at the time, TiVos in Great Britain recorded the BBC comedy Dossa and Joe, and the customers weren't allowed to erase the recording until seven days had passed.
Well, if I had a Tivo this little stunt would have had me packing that thing back in the box and DEMANDING my subscription fees back in a hurry. I'll still with my ReplayTV thank you.

Also, (are you listening networks?) even though I can do the 30 second skip doesn't mean I always do. Often times, while skipping, if a good commercial catches my eye I'm likely to watch it. We just need better commercials. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.