AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am looking for headphones with good bass for under$100. I got a pair of ATH M30x per recommendation but the bass is weaker than my previous cheap Tekmotion phones :mad: Also it would be great to have d nuily in mic.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Hi I am looking for headphones with good bass for under$100. I got a pair of ATH M30x per recommendation but the bass is weaker than my previous cheap Tekmotion phones :mad: Also it would be great to have d nuily in mic.
Thanks
Check out Massdrop - the have a pair of AKG's that just started the drop process - $79.99 - closed design with bass. For slightly more ($119.99) you could move up to the AKG K553 Pro, another pair to consider and my choice with your budget. I also like my ATH 50x's - they have been around lately for $100 - I wouldn't label them as basshead phones, but hard to beat for what they cost.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Just bite the bullet and get the Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO 80.

Another option is the $110 Brainwavz HM9.

HM9 review:

DT770 PRO 80 ohm review:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some broken english, hopefully you understand. :)

What are they for, just bass?

My home theater headphones are Skullcandy Crushers. I wasn't able to find any headphones with a stronger hitting bass, a very good theater experience.

When I use them for YouTube or whatever else, low quality sound, the Sensation55 driver which is literally shaking the cups, can be slow to react and leave delays, or not hit at all even when there's supposed to be some bass.

But watching blu rays they work perfectly. I have no complaints, other than build quality, plastic may be a downside for you, but isn't for me. Skullcandy offers lifetime warranty anyways, as long as you don't drop them and that's how they break, etc.

I will tell you this though. I got to try over 30 headphones personally, before I decided to go with the Skullcandy. I tried headphones almost 10x it's price, and none of them had a stronger bass. For non high quality audio/blu ray playback I don't recommend them though, there are better options.

As far as wireless is concerned, I want the new Bose QC35, but they don't have AptX, which is why I'm not buying them. I've considered the Sony XB950BT, and if the manage to shake my head the way Skullcandy does without having to playback audio too loud (one of the reasons I went with the Skullcandy), then I might replace the Skullcandy.

From my experience at the store, the good bass headphones in my opinion were the Sony headphones. I think that someone can't just recommend what to get, because they have to fit too. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find comfortable headphones, if you're like me anyways. Go to a store and try headphones there, if possible.

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you spend a little time online, you can def find a pair of V-MODA Crossfade M-80's for under $100 and they will blast your cranium apart with bass!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure why the ATH-M30x is highly praised because I also find the bass to be weak. The Brainwavz HM9 would also be my recommendation. They have clear bass frequencies unlike some other headphones in that price range and the sound quality is top-notch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts