AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what brand of DVD r and rw do you recommend? Does one have a better picture than another or is one moe reliable than another? I would like it to be a brand that best buy or circuit city carries just so they will be easy for me to find when I need more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I've gone through about 200 discs so far and have never had a problem with any Maxell discs (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW, or DVD-RW). On the other hand, I've never had a batch of Memorex that was problem-free, at home or at work. So my recommendation is to avoid Memorex and buy Maxell.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
There have been scores of threads on this topic. I suggest a search, and you will be overwhelmed with information.

·
Banned
5,755 Posts
The only problems I've had were with Teon discs purchased at Staples. They were VERY cheap and weren't worth it.

I usually use TDKs and Maxells. Memorex (16X) worked fine for me last time I used them.

Videohelp.com is a good place to find out about different brands of media.

·
Registered
948 Posts
1st.....Check your manual for what they recommend. Media compatibility with your hardware is a major factor in making successful DVD's. If your not sure about any particular brand go to Videohelp.com and check out their reviews of media.

To save you the trouble of searching this forum, IMHO which is shared by many Tayio Yuden Is the best for write once media. A close second would be any media that says 'Made in Japan' including Maxell, Fuji or Sony. Verbatim 'Movie Reel' or their 'Data Life Plus' line is supposedly very good. Avoid store brand, no name discs. I've had few problems with any of my media including the 'Made in Taiwan" Fuji or the Memorex which gets most of the negative comments here.

I've been buying most of my media lately at Supermediastore.com. Best prices for TY's. Someone just posted similar prices on TY at Rima.com.

I'll leave -RW recommendations for someone else. I have been using Imation 2X and RitekW04 4X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.