AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have a room that is 10 feet wide 17 long and 8 foot high ceilings. I have some poke RTI6 bookshelf speakers that put out a pretty good amount of base, basically I'm just looking for something to give my system just a little bit more punch nothing too crazy. What I do want to do though, is run dual subwoofers either 2 10 inch subs or 2 8 inch subs. I mostly listen to music and TV 90% of the time and my budget is around 500 bucks for both. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
hey guys, I have a room that is 10 feet wide 17 long and 8 foot high ceilings. I have some poke RTI6 bookshelf speakers that put out a pretty good amount of base, basically I'm just looking for something to give my system just a little bit more punch nothing too crazy. What I do want to do though, is run dual subwoofers either 2 10 inch subs or 2 8 inch subs. I mostly listen to music and TV 90% of the time and my budget is around 500 bucks for both. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Since you asked for suggestions; I would get a single good one rather than 2 $h!tty ones.

https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/m8.html

Cheers

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Why buy 2 cheapo korean cars when you can get a 1 solid better performing car from a great company and what will last you for awhile?

People that buy 2 cheapo subwoofers don't make sense to me especially when they can get a solid subwoofer from SVS in their budget

SVS PB-1000

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I agree with the above statements of getting a single "quality" sub over two lesser subs. Any particular reason why you want 8" or 10"? The SVS PB1000 would be a good choice or possibly the SB1000 (12" driver), considering this sub will be used for music a lot. The Rythmik LV12 is a highly regarded sub, albeit a 12" driver. It's a little more expensive, priced at $569 shipped. http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'm certainly limited on space that's why I would like smaller subs. And as far as having one good sub versus two lesser quality subs I agree. But, i'm willing to live with that trade off considering my budget and preference of having two subs versus one. I don't have the room to play around with subwoofer placement to try to eliminate as many dead spots as possible, so I figure 2 subwoofers would help with that. I know not 100% but I'm sure it will help that's my thought at least lol

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Well, I'm certainly limited on space that's why I would like smaller subs. And as far as having one good sub versus two lesser quality subs I agree. But, i'm willing to live with that trade off considering my budget and preference of having two subs versus one. I don't have the room to play around with subwoofer placement to try to eliminate as many dead spots as possible, so I figure 2 subwoofers would help with that. I know not 100% but I'm sure it will help that's my thought at least
+1. While two POS subs won't work as well as one high end sub, a pair of decent quality $250 tens will work just as well as, if not better than, a $500 twelve, especially when you take the response smoothing aspect into consideration.

Reactions: Sn95
1 - 13 of 13 Posts