AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I have a room that is 10 feet wide 17 long and 8 foot high ceilings. I have some poke RTI6 bookshelf speakers that put out a pretty good amount of base, basically I'm just looking for something to give my system just a little bit more punch nothing too crazy. What I do want to do though, is run dual subwoofers either 2 10 inch subs or 2 8 inch subs. I mostly listen to music and TV 90% of the time and my budget is around 500 bucks for both. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
hey guys, I have a room that is 10 feet wide 17 long and 8 foot high ceilings. I have some poke RTI6 bookshelf speakers that put out a pretty good amount of base, basically I'm just looking for something to give my system just a little bit more punch nothing too crazy. What I do want to do though, is run dual subwoofers either 2 10 inch subs or 2 8 inch subs. I mostly listen to music and TV 90% of the time and my budget is around 500 bucks for both. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Since you asked for suggestions; I would get a single good one rather than 2 $h!tty ones.

https://www.outlawaudio.com/products/m8.html

Cheers

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I agree with the above statements of getting a single "quality" sub over two lesser subs. Any particular reason why you want 8" or 10"? The SVS PB1000 would be a good choice or possibly the SB1000 (12" driver), considering this sub will be used for music a lot. The Rythmik LV12 is a highly regarded sub, albeit a 12" driver. It's a little more expensive, priced at $569 shipped. http://www.rythmikaudio.com/LV12R.html

·
Registered
10,108 Posts
I really don't think subwoofer shopping should be done by driver size, unless you have space constraints.

The one linked above from Outlaw is probably good, but look at the ones from NXG and JBL in the same price range.

·
Registered
10,108 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm certainly limited on space that's why I would like smaller subs. And as far as having one good sub versus two lesser quality subs I agree. But, i'm willing to live with that trade off considering my budget and preference of having two subs versus one. I don't have the room to play around with subwoofer placement to try to eliminate as many dead spots as possible, so I figure 2 subwoofers would help with that. I know not 100% but I'm sure it will help that's my thought at least lol

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Well, I'm certainly limited on space that's why I would like smaller subs. And as far as having one good sub versus two lesser quality subs I agree. But, i'm willing to live with that trade off considering my budget and preference of having two subs versus one. I don't have the room to play around with subwoofer placement to try to eliminate as many dead spots as possible, so I figure 2 subwoofers would help with that. I know not 100% but I'm sure it will help that's my thought at least
+1. While two POS subs won't work as well as one high end sub, a pair of decent quality $250 tens will work just as well as, if not better than, a $500 twelve, especially when you take the response smoothing aspect into consideration.

Reactions: Sn95
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.