AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever I power down my system, I turn off the TV, BD player and put the AVR on standby. I noticed that there was a faint buzzing/humming coming from my Paradigm Monitor 9 speakers. It is not a loud noise, and I need to put my ear to the speaker (tweeter) to hear it, but I was wondering if this is something to be concerned about. If I shut off my power center, the buzzing stops.

Do you guys leave your power center on or shut it down as a part of your shut-down procedure? Is there anything wrong with shutting down the power center? Am I wasting electricity by keeping it on? Obviously, some power is being used to create that slight buzz/hum.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ultimately, I want to know how many of you turn the PowerCenter off when shutting down your system?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Really depends on what kind of power center you're talking about. I know I wouldn't shut off my entire power center, as I wouldn't want to lose power to my cable box. I have thought of using the 12 volt trigger out on my processor to shut of power to certain banks of outlets, but never got around to it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 /forum/post/16939983

Really depends on what kind of power center you're talking about. I know I wouldn't shut off my entire power center, as I wouldn't want to lose power to my cable box. I have thought of using the 12 volt trigger out on my processor to shut of power to certain banks of outlets, but never got around to it.

Thanks. I have a Monster Power HTS 1600.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts