AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following message is for people who are interested in purchasing the Dish 6000 package without the 12 month contract i.e. existing dish subscribers or new customers who don't want to subscribe to the qualifying programming.

I bought a Dish 6000 receiver with the Dish 500 and another 18 inch dish from Sears in San Diego from JJ (salesman) over the phone 858-622-9357.

He price matched Abet Satellite TV $339 for Dish 6023 system but without Abet's 12 month contract.

If anyone is interested call JJ. He said he will give the same deal to anyone who wants. You have to have a Sears charge account or open one like I did.

I also ordered the 8VSB module from Dbs-sales.com for $90.

------------------

Eram

---------------------

TV=Sony 53HS10, DVD=Sony DVP-550D, CD=Sony CDP-C335, DSS=Dish PVR 501, Receiver=Marantz S5000, Speakers=JBL M28, JBL PSW-D110, VCR=Panasonic PV-V4620

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well, you don't get the $199 rebate without subscribing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If I get the 6023 system from Dish USA for $398 and a rebate of $199 thats a net cost of $199. Correct?? That sounds like a good deal...Will that still be good in mid August???

Bill G

[This message has been edited by Bill G (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Bill G,

Yes, I bought the Dish 6000 w/Dish 500 for $299 from Dish USA. About 4 weeks later, after activation, I got a check for $199. So all I paid was $100 for a very nice HDTV receiver.

-Glenn

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Is the $199 rebate regularly continued?

There is no way I can get it shipped and installed by 7/31.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kelliot:
Is the $199 rebate regularly continued?

There is no way I can get it shipped and installed by 7/31.
Pretty much so . . . I ordered a model 6000 near the end of the month and was worried that the $199 "free now" rebate deal wouldn't be extended into the next month. But it was extended . . . that was back in March.

Hmm . . . actually, it looks like they have a new promo where you only get $149 back but you only have to sign up for the Top50 programming ($22.99/month! Cheap!) http://store.yahoo.com/satelliteone/dssswitchover.html

I wish that deals was available when I signed up . . . I don't watch much besides the HBO & Showtime channels.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I got my 6023 system from the Sears in Columbia, MD for $248 on a price match with dbs-sales.com. No rebate that I know of but I did get 2 $50 install kits thrown in and a 301 receiver for 99 bucks with no programming committment on any of this.

I had a little problem with mine and had to get them to swap out one of the LNBF's. I was told that the 6000 (6023) was now discontinued and not being stocked until it is replaced later this year.

So, if you do want to get one of these, better find a Sears store with one in inventory because they will not do a price match if it isn't in stock in that store.

Now, the 8VSB's.... sears.com has them for $99 as their selling price. You can get them for $89 at dbs-sales.com and allsat.com (where I got mine) will price match the 89 price. I was told that JVC just lowered the wholesale cost on these substantially, hence the cheap price on them.

Possibly the same on the 6023 systems now/soon if they are really being discontinued.

Cheap HD-DSS = Good!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow! $248. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif That is awesome. I ordered the one from Sears for $339. It almost sucks seeing that someone just got the same thing for less but I should be satisfied for the price I got it at. Sure beats the regular retail of $698 at Sears or $499 from Dish. Can't wait to get it and start watching HD.

[This message has been edited by benjamin921 (edited 07-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Can you just hook up the Dish 6000 to the 61.5 satellite only? Will the OTA function correctly with just this satellite enabled? I am thinking about get Dish and just hooking it up to 61.5.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes. As long as the 6000 can receive a sat signal, it will let you tune in OTA digital signals with the 8VSB.

I actually had this setup for a couple of days this week, while I was waiting to get a bad LNBF swapped out. I only had my Dish 300 left and it was pointed at 61.5.

Mostly, I watched local DTV stations.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
taron1,

Same here. It works great that way with just 61.5 feeding our signals to you.

[This message has been edited by PF (edited 07-23-2001).]

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Anyone know where to get the Dish 8VSB module at a good price? DBS-Sales.com had them for $89, but they're out of business until well after labor day because they're moving. I called one other place that is normally highly thought of around this forum, but they still want $139.95 for it, plus $7.95 shipping.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.