AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its funny because I am going to post this here because of the original retail of PJ. I had set my original budget at $3k and was having to look at the LCDs. I found I much preferred the DLPs but I had written them off because of price. Well with the recent price drop and a dealer friend's help, I can get the IF 5700 in my budget. Is this a good deal or is it better to wait to see if they come down more? I have seen the IF5700 and Runco 510 and preferred the IF. I truly would rather have a Mustang PJ such as the BenQ 8700 but its out of my budget range. I can stretch $500 or so but I am thinking they may never make it down that far. Suggestions and help is appreciated. BTW, I have until the end of February before I have to make a decision but I want to make sure I do not miss out on a deal that may go away. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Eric,

The price is great and within your budget.

You already auditioned it and liked it.

Buy it and be happy.

It'll be a year or so before the HD2's will be within your budget...

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by angilasaurus
Andrikos is a wise and trustworthy soul. Heed his advice.

The deal on the 5700 is not likely to go away.

JOHN
First of all guys thanks for the advice.

John,

You state the 5700 deal is "not likely" to go away. Do you mean "likely"? I am all about getting a good deal and not missing out on a great one, but one thing I feel I have on my side is time. I cannot use the projector until we move into our new house in March. I have been told by my contractor I need to have all my equipment ready by the end of February. I just do not want to purchase a projector now and find that in a month I could have saved $500 or more or even gotten a HD2 machine that fell into my price range. With all the new models being announced, I am figuring we will see some movement on HD2 units that are being upgraded to HD2+ units. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Is this a "friend" deal or can others get in on it? I am very much in your same boat as I wanted a hd2 or better but dont seem to be in my price range? Id love some details (PM if necessary :))

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The IF5700 retails for $5K. If you can get it for your original $3K budget - this is a special deal that is likely to go away. If anyone knows where I can get the same deal please PM me.:D

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guys I am sorry but this is a personal friend deal. He definitely would not offer it to anyone else. If he knew I was discussing this on an open forum he may kill me. I may not have realized how good of a deal it was though as it seems everyone thinks it is and would like to get one. That definitely helps in my decision making.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.