Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a newcomer to this forum looking for some advice. I have a Hitachi 57SWX20B RPTV. I currently have a Sony DVP-C650D DVD changer that is over 3 yrs old. I put off buying a prog.scan player because the de-interlacer in the SWX was quite good. Now that the DVD player is ageing, I'm looking for a replacement. The SWX has DVI but, after reading the posts in this excellent forum about the D1, and the fact that, sooner or later, I'll upgrade my even older Dish receiver for a model 811, I didn't want a DVI DVD player to use up the DVI socket. I am hoping you guys can help me out - what would be a good prog.scan DVD changer with component out in the $200 - $300 range for this RPTV ?

Thanks

·
Registered
362 Posts
Check out the Denon 1600.

I have the 65xwx20b and I am totally pleased with the PQ of this player. the Faroudja chip is really awesome. It pretty much discontinued, but you should be able to find one.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
There is a older Panasonic listed on the for sale page at a decent price. A RP-56 and I know that has a great picture I own of of those, it uses a Faroudja chipset and looks great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. What do you think of the Yamaha C920 and the Yamaha 6660 ? The 6660 is $299 and the C920 is going for about $300-350. I see that the C920 has Faroudja DCDi but the 6660 doesn't. Is the 6660 still worth the $299 ? Also, ABT electronics is offering the Yamaha CX1 for $499. Is this worth the money ?

Thanks again for all your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.