AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in the future be looking for a DVD recorder with a hard drive. What should i be looking for? What are the good ones? Will they up convert? I was told be the local audio store to wait for the new Sony ones. When will they be out?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If the last 6 months is any indicator, the main thing to look for is the hard drive. Just finding 1 may be all you will be able to find. If you can find 2 or more, check this forum for opinions of the new owners. Anybody who predicts when a company will make a model available is blowing smoke. Two things that nobody can do accurately is:

1. Predict when something will be available.

2. Explain WHY a company did something.

Many people think they can but their guesses are no better than anybody else's guesses. The only people that know are the people inside those companies that are actually making those decisions and they aren't talking to us potential customers.

My advice, you should have bought one last year when they were available. Since you didn't, wait until the last minute and ask here what is the best model you can buy tomorrow.

I have 3 old Panasonic DVD recorders (E100, E85, E95) and I have a Viewsonic 32" LCD HDTV. I doubt that my DVD recorders "up convert" but everything works fine. Don't HDTV sets do their own up converting? I don't think that is something that you need to worry about.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.