AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enclave is a good game to use with your HTPC it has support for HDTV resolutions right out of the box. 720X480, 848X480, 960X540, 1440X480, 1920X540 and not a bad game to boot. You'll want to have a wireless keyboard though as it doesn't support gamepad. GTA3, Jedi Starfighter, Spiderman are also good for HTPC use and work with a gamepad. Have to use 640X480 with these.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not that they only support 640X480 it's just that they don't have selectable high def resolutions and unless you have a HDTV that supports 720p the only resolution that will be usable right out of the box is 640X480.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Hey!

Thanks for the Enclave tip. I just installed it and it looks excellent on my Hitachi 51" WS. It even plays smoothly on my lowly 1 GHZ Athlon/Radeon 9000 system.

Cheers,

Alric

·
Registered
771 Posts
Does it support any 960 or 1080 resolutions? I'd hate to be stuck at a x*480 or x*540 resolution for a game.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I tried it with 960x540p and 1440x540p. You can select even a 1080p resolution but I didn't try that on my RPTV. BTW, it seems to be a good game too....

Cheers,

·
Registered
16,582 Posts
I am able to play GTA3 and GTA:Vice City with custom resolutions [ I edited the config file ] . Splinter Cell , Unreal II and UT 2003 support custom resolutions as well .

--- Jason

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Jason,

Is the perspective of the game elements correct? I remember reading that editing the config for Q3 gives you a distorted HUD, among other things.

Also, I think we should support game companies that have it together and include "good" resolutions in their unmodded settigns.

Thanks for the game list.

Alric

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Quote:
I am able to play GTA3 and GTA:Vice City with custom resolutions [ I edited the config file ] . Splinter Cell , Unreal II and UT 2003 support custom resolutions as well .

--- Jason

I think Splinter Cell rocks. Some of the lighting effects are awesome.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Can anyone suggest an easy to play multiplayer game where 2-4 people could sit down and have fun. ie. little learning curve, good action. eg NHL 2003 is good - up to 5 players which is a blast BUT it takes a good couple of hours to learn the controls.

Mike

·
Registered
241 Posts
I highly suggest Raven Shield, if you know little about 'First Person Shooters' then its worthwhile to learn. Once you've figured out which buttons you like mapped to where - then you can pretty much set up any FPS to the keys you like.

Best regards,

Obsidience

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
"Is the perspective of the game elements correct? I remember reading that editing the config for Q3 gives you a distorted HUD, among other things."

I've edited the Q3 config file for several different custom rez and they all look fine. I usually just use 856x480p (@540p) these days, looks pretty good at 55".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.