AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the extended warranty (5yrs for $300) for my Sony KV-36XBR450 from the Good Guys, who told me that they just started signed a contract with GE for their service & warranty repairs. They said that after 30 days, I could call for their in-home service to do a convergence on my set. Does anyone know if the in-home service is a full calibration? Do the Good Guys/GE techs do a good job? Was it worth the money for the extended warranty?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MPAL10:
I purchased the extended warranty (5yrs for $300) for my Sony KV-36XBR450 from the Good Guys, who told me that they just started signed a contract with GE for their service & warranty repairs.
Even though GE is handling their repair services, it still goes through Good Guys repair techs.

Quote:
They said that after 30 days, I could call for their in-home service to do a convergence on my set. Does anyone know if the in-home service is a full calibration?
As far as a full calibration it all depends on the tech. in your area. The one in my area did a great job of fine tuning my set for me.

Quote:
Do the Good Guys/GE techs do a good job? Was it worth the money for the extended warranty?
I think it's worth it, I had a Toshiba RPTV that developed a bad red tint, after 3 visits from there tech, they could not fix the problem and gave me a new TV. Two days after receiving a new TV, the convergence board took a dump and they replaced it with a different TV with no problem either.

One thing though, when you call to have them come out either have a service manual available or tell them when you make an appoinment that a service manual is needed for repairs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.