AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a newbie and have been reading some of the questions and replies and think there might be a genius out there that can help me. I say a genius because I'm feeling like an idiot trying to get my HDMI connections to work properly - truly a humiliating experience.

I have a Samsung HL-P4663W/HL TV, a Samsung DVD-VR357 (yes, I did buy the same brand thinking life would be easier that way), and a Motorola DCT 6412 III cable box. My problem is that I while I get good video from the HDMI outputs of the DVD and cable box, I don't have the audio. I have tried every combination of "options" I can interpret from the user manual's and some intuitive combinations as well. Nothing seems to give me the audio that I'm lead to believe should be available with the one HDMI cable. The TV sound works fine when using component, S-Video and the plain RCA cable connections. Is there something else I should be doing? While I know it is possible for the cable to be defective, is it likely?

Any help would be appreciated (even laughter at my inexperience!)

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The audio certainly should work through HDMI. Is there an audio option on the TV for the selection of HDMI audio?

·
Registered
565 Posts
When I pass the audio through the sound processor and then send the HDMI to the projector, the image has a magenta cast. I believe this is a problem with the sound processor video bypass.

I bought the HDMI 1.3 switch so that I would have 2 HDMI outputs. One goes to the projector and the other to the sound processor. Unfortunately, when I use the switch I cannot get 1080i or 1080p on the display even though the switch is rated for both. With the Sony BDP-550, it synchs properly but when I press PLAY, I get snow. With the Toshiba A35, it synchs at 480/60p regardless of the setting.

If I connect the source directly to the projector cable, the picture is perfect 1080p or 1080i. Interestingly, 1080i from my cable box displays perfectly with or without the switch.

I use an HDMI/DVI adapter to the projector DVI cable.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.