AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I apologize if there are similar threads, but I'd really appreciate advice nonetheless.

I'm looking for an lcd hdtv, 40-46 inches, that would be really good in terms of picture and performance for use with an xbox 360, and maybe bluray if I purchase a player in the future. My budget is around 1200-2200 dollars.

I've noticed a lot of praise for the Samsung LN40A650. Is it really the best thing to get in my situation? I'm looking for something that has good quality but will also last long.

Thank you.

Also: Are the samsung LN46A550 and Sony 40s4100 any good for me?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would keep away from the S4100 as far as sonys go and start at atleast the V4100.

Now as far as the best blu-ray experience I would look at the W4100 (what i have) or Z4100, the latter being the best.

As far as the samsungs go I would look at the A650 or A750, nothing less.

If you play alot of games go with the sony's as they handle motion better and without the lag, and you can adjust picture settings in game mode. the samsungs you cannot.

The 2 best lcd sets out now are the Z4100 and the A750

so for best overall experience look into the Z4100....... If you just want a pretty picture look at the A650/750

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm mostly using this tv for xbox360 gaming, watching some tv, and possibly bluray in the future. The main use will be 360 gaming though so I need the best tv for that.

As far as the LN46A550 goes, it's not recommended?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Heads up

There is a LN40A550 + 40G PS3 combo at Circuit City, featured on back cover of current add but it ends 7/19

I bought it earlier tonight & I'm using it as a PC monitor to type this, it looks really nice

I've run some Blu-Ray and HD-DVD it's all good so far, I even used the wiselink with my WD passport HD for MP3's.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamboots /forum/post/14322891

I'm mostly using this tv for xbox360 gaming, watching some tv, and possibly bluray in the future. The main use will be 360 gaming though so I need the best tv for that.

As far as the LN46A550 goes, it's not recommended?

the a550 isnt bad, but to make the best of blu-ray you will want a 120hz set to properly view 24p material.

so that leaves you with the W4100, Z4100, A650, and A750.

now being that gaming is important to you i would stick with the W4100 or Z4100, the Z being best.

CC does have that combo deal another poster mentioned and for a good price too,but its a 40in A550, but nice because you get a good lcd and a PS3/blu-ray player all in one. Also the samsungs have lag and motion blur in games, though not evey person can notice it..... it drove me nuts.

if trying to save $$$ and thats why you are looking at the A550 but not interested in the mentioned package deal, I would urge you towards the V4100 sony. Then you have extra cash for games or a sound system. But if you are planning on spending that entire budget on a tv i would lean toward the W4100 or Z4100, unless you are against sony, in which case the A650/750 would work........ Just warning you as a gamer though, the sonys perform better in this area

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Circuit city doesn't really help me since I live in Canada though.

I'll have these models in mind when I go looking around stores tomorow. Also, if anyone else has more suggestions I'd appreciate it, as it would give me even more to work with.

thanks again

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kind of an old topic, but I went with a 52 inch W4100. There was a good deal going on at bestbuy so I couldnt refuse =)

Thanks for the advice man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts