AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good sound absorbing materials that will also help acoustics . I have a room with a decently high ceiling ( about 13 feet high ) and i would like to make the whole room acousticly correct :) . Im trying not to buy anything off the internet since i kinda want to do it ASAP and dont want to have to wait for shipping or pay shipping costs. Thanks.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
Run some searches there are lots of in-depth discussions, but you want fiberglass board/ aka rigid fiberboard, searcdh for 703 or 705 from owens corning here you'll get tons of results. You can often buy this locally at commercial insulation of HVAC supply places without difficulty. Pretty cheap.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up local dealers and the nearest one is 80 miles , is there anyway to ( sigh ) buy it online , thanks.

·
Banned
20,735 Posts
There are many insulation companies other than owens cornings, just pull out the yellow pages and call around, lots of people sell fiberglass board made by different companies it's all the same stuff if you specify the density and thickness you want, faced or not etc. If you live near a metropolitan area you shouldn't have any trouble finding a commercial supplier, you may just need to convinve them to sell you small quantities by the batt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.