AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a Hsu VTF2 mk4 subwoofer to finish my system, and I was wondering if anyone knows a good place where I can get it for LESS than $559, ie, the price on the HSU's website. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts
HSU sells direct, from Anaheim, Calif. The VTF2/4 is an excellent sub, and well worth the money. I had the VTF2/3.......good

output, deep extension, Unfortunately $67 shipping.


vardo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I actually purchased (the original) VTF-2 more than a decade ago new from a local dealer. I don't know how successful this was for HSU, but they're obviously not dealing with brick and mortar now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx  /t/1471586/good-hsu-dealers#post_23285494


I was wondering if anyone knows a good place where I can get it for LESS than $559, ie, the price on the HSU's website.
If they sold them through dealers at the usual markup they'd retail for about $995, and sell at a discounted street price of maybe $799.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlynx  /t/1471586/good-hsu-dealers#post_23293128


Yes, it cost $67 for me too. What a coincidence...

$67 isn't that bad of a deal. HSU and many other ID brands get a discount for volume shipping and usually charge the customer a flat discount rate.


You'll never see a subwoofer of its performance capability in a retail outlet for less than $1k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,118 Posts
I've had Hsu subwoofers for well over ten years - three total - and they are still working fine. They are an incredible performer and a great value. They are also HEAVY, hence the shipping fee. Call your local shipper and get a quote for the weight and size of the Hsu and you will see that even the shipping is a bargain. His customer service is also effective and courteous.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo130  /t/1471586/good-hsu-dealers#post_23294260


I actually purchased (the original) VTF-2 more than a decade ago new from a local dealer. I don't know how successful this was for HSU, but they're obviously not dealing with brick and mortar now.

Yes, they had the VTF-2 in a Brick and Motar store down near San Diego, Calif. I bought my first HSU (VTF-2) from that store.

Was pretty impressed, and drove over to HSU headquarters in Anaheim and bought a second VTF-2.


Vardo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardo  /t/1471586/good-hsu-dealers#post_23298670


Yes, they had the VTF-2 in a Brick and Motar store down near San Diego, Calif. I bought my first HSU (VTF-2) from that store.

Was pretty impressed, and drove over to HSU headquarters in Anaheim and bought a second VTF-2.


Vardo

Cool.



My dealer charged me the same price that HSU did, because they did not have a VTF-2 in stock (other than the display model) when I walked in. I had to wait a week or so, and the dealer actually met me halfway from the store to my house, too.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top