AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to a number of local carpet dealers now and none have any HT carpeting. Has anyone ordered off the Internet? Did you just find a local contractor to install it?

Also, is it best to carpet the room, then build the riser, then carpet the riser?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I've also been curious about finding HT carpet. I built my HT 4 years ago and used standard solid color carpet, I've been wanting to change the carpet to real HT carpet. Everywhere I've looked online has sky High prices. Maybe I'm just cheap.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshy /forum/post/20826777

I've been to a number of local carpet dealers now and none have any HT carpeting. Has anyone ordered off the Internet? Did you just find a local contractor to install it?

Also, is it best to carpet the room, then build the riser, then carpet the riser?

Thanks!

What are you considering to be "HT Carpet?" Any carpet will do - it just depends on what your carpeting requirements are. My requirements were generally that the carpet be predominantly black, pleasing pattern that coordinated with the room decor, and comfortably soft enough that if one wanted to lay on the floor they would find the carpet soft enough to do so.

I found several styles at local flooring dealers that I liked, and ultimately selected a mid-priced, durable, soft, black (with pattern) carpet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.