AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Sony's motion control device is going to use the Playstation eye, do you think it would be a good idea to already own the device separately, or just wait for the eventual bundle? My thinking is that Sony knows that there will be a certain number of PS3 owners that already own the "eye", and they might cut those guys some slack, by giving them an extra special deal on getting the glowsticks to go along with it.

Reason I'm thinking along these lines, is because of that new virtual pet thing. I've heard about that EyePet thing, but don't really know too much about it. I'm assuming that it will be sold in a bundle along with the camera. I've got two small kids that would probably get a real kick out of playing around with the EyePet.

I was thinking that if I could eventually find the EyePet bundle on a really good deal, that it might be a smart buy in the long run, to eventually get the motion control glowsticks at a vastly cheaper price than everybody else will have to pay for the full bundle with the camera and everything. I'm not sure why, but I think Sony will feel some responsibility for the people that already own the Playstation Eye , and will offer those people the Glowsticks separately, at a much cheaper price. Then again, maybe they will completely screw over all the people that already own a Playstation Eye (all 10 of them, lol), and people who already own it will have to buy the full motion control bundle whether they already have the eye or not....

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
Do we even know for sure if the motion controller is going to ever be for sale? I say if your kids would like EyePet and you don't have an Eye, then get the bundle.

The Eye is a lot of fun with other games as well, such as SingStar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts