AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking in to getting an OTA receiver for my tv. I need something that is good, but not terribly expensive. Used would even by fine. I checked on ebay and unless I was looking in the wrong place there weren't many available.

Any ideas on where or what I can get that woudl be nice, but inexpensive.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Best bet is to read the STB synopsis.

There have been some deals at Costco's around the US. Also look in the weekend add for your local electornics chain.

If you want a used one try ebay.

Search for sir-t151

Should be around 200-250.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
....or search for "Samsung receiver". I got my Sammy 151 for about $180 on eBay. Works great!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
If you have a spare computer sitting around, another option is to go with a HDTV card -- I'm doing this with the MyHD MDP-120 card with great results.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mdryja
If you have a spare computer sitting around, another option is to go with a HDTV card -- I'm doing this with the MyHD MDP-120 card with great results.
How fast does the computer have to be?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mdryja
WHOA, i just looked up that card and it is 289 bucks. For that much I should get a pretty box and no need for a computer.

but I appreciate the information.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dcarl
The cool part about the myhd card is that you can record HDTV using it.
Thats cool. How much space does a 30 min show take up?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is it possible to re-encode the HD file to mpeg-1 or mpeg-2 file for archival purposes? If so, what software would I use?

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi

i have tried few but i was very satisfied with zenith 420, it was pulling in stations that my samsung 150 wasnt able to like nbc and cbs.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mofiz
hi

i have tried few but i was very satisfied with zenith 420, it was pulling in stations that my samsung 150 wasnt able to like nbc and cbs.
Really?

This was another concern of mine. I want to get all of the stations. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but at the same time, i don't want to cheap out and not get all of the material available to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.