AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an Ask Proxima C180 (Infocus LP640). It starts up without errors. I can look into the lens and see the image but the lamp isn't light up. I moved that lamp to another projector and it does. This lamp may have over 2000 hours on it, I have no idea. Could it still be the lamp, or is it something like the lamp ballast, or maybe something else?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you can see the image, the lamp is lighting, period. It just may not be reaching full brightness for whatever reason.

The lamp MUST light for the projector to continue operating. Without the lamp, the projector shuts down.

If you moved it to another Proxima C180 and it worked, the first projector has a problem. Maybe the ballast, maybe something else. I can't say, I don't have the projector on my bench. If, however, the second projector is NOT the same model, but somehow uses the same lamp physical configuration, then that "test" may not be valid.

A good example is the old Infocus X-series. The lamps for the X-1 and X-2 looked identical, but had different electrical parameters. One would not work properly in the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan1952 /forum/post/20868879

If you can see the image, the lamp is lighting, period. It just may not be reaching full brightness for whatever reason.

The lamp MUST light for the projector to continue operating. Without the lamp, the projector shuts down.

If you moved it to another Proxima C180 and it worked, the first projector has a problem. Maybe the ballast, maybe something else. I can't say, I don't have the projector on my bench. If, however, the second projector is NOT the same model, but somehow uses the same lamp physical configuration, then that "test" may not be valid.

A good example is the old Infocus X-series. The lamps for the X-1 and X-2 looked identical, but had different electrical parameters. One would not work properly in the other.

The projector I moved it to is an Infocus LP640. I'm still thinking that this lamp is spent even though it did light once in the second one, it was dim. I'm going to try a new lamp and I'll be back if that doesn't change things. Thanks for the info..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.