AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around for a couple weeks now and is contemplating whether to wait til the next big sale or pull the trigger. I want to invest in a TV that will last me 5+ years, is great for the PC, Ps3 and sports.

I been looking at Vizio alot but heard that there quality is not as good, the 37 inches for under 500 are really attractive but is it better than the samsung 32 in 720? Thx

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
$500 PS3/PC/Sports/Gaming, you backed yourself into only 1 corner, and its a good one, TC-L32S1, IPS Pro panel 10-bit, 1080p. 3 HDMI 1.3 inputs. Cost on Amazon no tax free shipping, $439

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so the panasonic is what i currently am suggested to get but what about the LG 32LH30 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Gloss Black thats going for 380 on amazon?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hold Off try and buy from Amazon.com LLC I did.

Infact I called Amazon and asked yesterday, you guys had the L32S1 for $430 with free ship no tax. What happened.

very good American rep says, they were sold out but they may get some in.

That same night a 2 am. I log on, And Amazon has exactly 1 in stock. From 0, they found 1. And I bought it.

Factory sealed brand new. My review is on the Official TC-L32S1 thread.

Wait a couple of days they will get more.

I've been watching the page daily and prices are actually gradually climbing from a low of $390 during Black Friday 2009

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

because I guess people are realizing there are no more being produced. Its Tested and verified to have No Input Lag.

And of you want the 2010 Model, with 20,000:1 Contrast vs. 15,000:1 Contrast its going to cost you $799.99. And I don't know about you but an extra 5,000 contrast is not worth $400 more.

Plus the 2010 model has not been extensively tested to have no lag who knows.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mledoan /forum/post/18169331

ok so the panasonic is what i currently am suggested to get but what about the LG 32LH30 32-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Gloss Black thats going for 380 on amazon?

Ask around here on the Forums the LG 32LH30 may not have an IPS Panel, LG may have switched to a low end panel, non-IPS since the 32LH30 is no longer being made.

And heres a detailed review of the 37LH30, which should be very close to what the 32LH30 will be like.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...eview-1082.htm

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold /forum/post/18169563

Ask around here on the Forums the LG 32LH30 may not have an IPS Panel, LG may have switched to a low end panel, non-IPS since the 32LH30 is no longer being made.

And heres a detailed review of the 37LH30, which should be very close to what the 32LH30 will be like.

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...eview-1082.htm

Wow, that's not a very good review. I'm pretty sure people on this Forum rate the LH30 higher than that.

Unfortunately, now is a hard time to buy a TV since the new 2010 models are being introduced, the 2009 models (what are left of them anyway) are being phased out, and the overall selection is pretty poor.

However, with a little judicious shopping there should be some fair bargains out there. I think the LG LH20 or LH30 would be decent (though admittedly not great) choices if you could find one. You can't expect a great TV on a budget of only $500.

The Panasonic 32S1 is almost certainly a better choice if you can swing it.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts