AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my LCD to a newer one since it has been about two years. My current LCD is a Panasonic 32LZ800 32" with IPS and glossy screen. I use it primarily hooked up to my computer as a monitor, but its also attached to a Wii and PS3. This LCD was never really meant for computer use, so there are some issues. The pixel arrangement isn't straight, which makes for fuzzy or skewed looking text. Colors like red on black or blue on black are difficult to see, and the LCD is RGB limited, making games, flash videos, and everything else have black crush. There are also scaling and overscan problems. It's a great LCD for watching stuff, but not so much hooked up to a computer. I would like to find something more PC friendly.

Other considerations would probably be better contrast and darker blacks, which can always be better, and better PQ. I keep my brightness quite low and the LCD contrast stays decent and comfortable, in comparison to a cheap Vizio we have hooked up to a family computer where it becomes completely washed out when not set on ultra-bright settings. The viewing angles on an IPS panel are great and would like to keep or beat that. A better OSD with more options that alleviate some of the problems mentioned above would be good too.

I'm not a PC gamer so lag and response time are of low priority.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts