AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, while waiting for my emo xpa7 gen 3, what movie or scene is best to demonstrate the difference between the amp and my avr?

Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
First ten minutes of Overlord is demo worthy to put it mildly
Technology Font Electronic device Soldier Games

Reactions: Goyle99

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
When they are on the plane? Isnt that part LFE heavy? The sub would be unchanged when i plug in the amp.
Yes, the plane scene,,,,,Lots of activitie on "all" channels,. And yes great bass as well. EDIT,,, its been quite a while but i think the opening sequence in Saving Private Ryan was quite active on all channels too.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
35 Posts
The final battle scene at the end of Aquaman will test all the channels.

Let us know what you think of the amp after you test it. I'm debating between your Emotiva and the Monoprice 7 channel.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The final battle scene at the end of Aquaman will test all the channels.

Let us know what you think of the amp after you test it. I'm debating between your Emotiva and the Monoprice 7 channel.
Will do. The reason I went with the evo is because 1) even though it is more expensive, monoprice charges shipping making it only a little cheaper than the emo. 2) I'm 48 and don't want to deal with the weight. 3) it uses less electricity, or at least it should. 4) newer tech. Might as well get on the band wagon cause maybe A/B is going out. But I'm no expert of course. 5) better build quality 6) supposedly better customer service

·
Registered
35 Posts
Will do. The reason I went with the evo is because 1) even though it is more expensive, monoprice charges shipping making it only a little cheaper than the emo. 2) I'm 48 and don't want to deal with the weight. 3) it uses less electricity, or at least it should. 4) newer tech. Might as well get on the band wagon cause maybe A/B is going out. But I'm no expert of course. 5) better build quality 6) supposedly better customer service

All valid points for sure. I'm just ridiculously impatient and can get the Monoprice from Amazon delivered to my door in 2 days. LoL

How long will the Emotiva take to ship to Canada?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All valid points for sure. I'm just ridiculously impatient and can get the Monoprice from Amazon delivered to my door in 2 days. LoL

How long will the Emotiva take to ship to Canada?
it depends when they start. it should be soon though. once it leaves their facility, who knows how long after that. I live in Canada. I know someone who bought two amps and it took 1.5 months to get to Vancouver. if you are going to buy from amazon, make sure its coming from Monoprice. I bought Sewell Deadbolt banana plugs from amazon and it came from them and there is a chance they are knockoffs. I put a magnet to their tips and it was attracted to the magnet. I don't know if that's normal, but that means there is more than just copper in there, if there is indeed copper at all.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The attack on Pearl Harbor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts