AVS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching high and low for cheap BD cases in Toronto, I finally asked Michel at DVD Wave if he can source me some cases (I stepped on some cases to avoid stepping on my hamster... but that's a different story for a different time).

Guess what? I can get them for 99 cents each with NO MINIMUM ORDER!!!

Woo hoo! I just want to share my joy with (presumably) fellow Torontonians!

I just bought 10 cases from him.

!!!!!! joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy !!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/12980656

After searching high and low for cheap BD cases in Toronto, I finally asked Michel at DVD Wave if he can source me some cases (I stepped on some cases to avoid stepping on my hamster... but that's a different story for a different time).

Guess what? I can get them for 99 cents each with NO MINIMUM ORDER!!!

Woo hoo! I just want to share my joy with (presumably) fellow Torontonians!

I just bought 10 cases from him.

!!!!!! joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy joy !!!!!!

Thanks David, I'll have to drop by DVD Wave to pick some up.

I haven't been there for a 4 or 5 years...didn't they move to the other side of the 404? And Michel's still there? I remember he was away for a long while and they said he may not be back. I still remember getting the T2: Ultimate Edition from him since Alliance Atlantis delayed the Canadian release!

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's now at north-east corner Woodbine and Hwy 7 where Michaelangelo is. He's still there with his wife. As friendly as ever. He even remembers my daughter's name and all. I bought most of my 2,000+ DVD collection from him.

His website is www.dvdwavecanada.com

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
read the thread title carefully:

G T A

it is not valid for you guys who doesn't know what GTA is (ie people from the US, or Europe, or Australia).

How is this better than Sleeve Town? I can just drive there and buy ONE BD case as opposed to be forced to buy a whole bunch of cases AND have to pay shipping AND have to wait for ages for the items to arrive AND pay duties when they enter Canadian soil AND risk of breaking.

·
311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGuyX /forum/post/12983195

So how is this better than ordering from Sleeve Town?

sleevetown.com is where the US folks here get theirs? Check your PM.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Susilo /forum/post/12983334

read the thread title carefully:

G T A

it is not valid for you guys who doesn't know what GTA is (ie people from the US, or Europe, or Australia).

How is this better than Sleeve Town? I can just drive there and buy ONE BD case as opposed to be forced to buy a whole bunch of cases AND have to pay shipping AND have to wait for ages for the items to arrive AND pay duties when they enter Canadian soil AND risk of breaking.

GTA=Grand Theft Auto?

What does it really mean. I tried a google search to no results. Im curious now.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Greater Toronto Area? But that would be a bad abbreviation to use on AVS forum.

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 /forum/post/12986961

how are his blu-ray prices, last time I checked they where still pretty high.

The older titles are still pretty high, but new release titles are basically the same as ordering the title from Amazon.com + shipping.

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by awx /forum/post/12986391

Greater Toronto Area? But that would be a bad abbreviation to use on AVS forum.

I know
But it's directed to GTA-ers. My bad judgement call, I guess.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Call me when you can get he double-disc ones.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, the vast majority of AVS'ers wouldn't know that GTA stood for Greater Toronto Area...but anyone near the GTA would, as that's what it is called around here! I'll have to drop in sometime and order some cases - just curious, which case style are they?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts