·
Registered
2,367 Posts
...and in "rear projections", too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought of getting a used one, but this was a very good VCR. Also people tend to give away equipment that won't work well! I still have a lot of VHS tapes that I don't necessarily want to buy again on DVD!

I tried opening up the VCR to fix it. It seems like the gearing is jamming on the loading mechanism, and there might be some connection problem. The model is a Mitsubishi HS-U500.

·
Registered
15,397 Posts
Well, you've certainly come to the right place. The "Rear Projection" forum has a plethora of information on VCR's and VCR repair. You'll find many threads dedicated to the HS-U500 alone due to it's extensive rear projection capabilities.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej /forum/post/18196173

The "Rear Projection" forum has a plethora of information on VCR's and VCR repair. You'll find many threads dedicated to the HS-U500 alone due to it's extensive rear projection capabilities.

I did a search, and didn't find anything on the HS-U500 in the Forums.

·
Registered
15,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgold /forum/post/18202712

I'm being facetious. Since you're in the "Rear Projection" forum, which has absolutely nothing to do with VCR's, you won't find any answers. All these posts have been trying to tell you that in a lighthearted way or to advise you to buy another VCR. So to be clear, you're in the wrong forum. You'll have to look elsewhere for answers to your VCR questions. Good luck.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgold /forum/post/18202712

There doesn't seem to be an forum category for VCRs. However, you can try your question over at the DVD Recorder side. The folks there can be more helpful since some of them are interested in converting VHS to DVDs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts