AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Dashbon projector and want to find some options on using it outdoors.

Ideally I'd like to find two solutions. One being some kind of platform or other means to adjust it's tilt.

It comes with a pair of adjustable legs on the front. That's fine if you only need an up angle. I'd like to find something that'd allow for a down angle too. I've a few situations, like on the boat, where I'd want to mount it higher than the screen.

The other thing I'd like to find is some kind of portable table that packs up but is still reasonable resistant to being knocked over. As in, kids movie night and I don't want someone knocking it over accidentally. I realize nothing portable is going to be perfect.

The unit does not have a threaded camera mount underneath it. I don't think I'd use one even if it did as I'd prefer to avoid the tipping issues.

So, any advice out there? Not only what to use, but what to avoid?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a Dashbon projector and want to find some options on using it outdoors.

Ideally I'd like to find two solutions. One being some kind of platform or other means to adjust it's tilt.

It comes with a pair of adjustable legs on the front. That's fine if you only need an up angle. I'd like to find something that'd allow for a down angle too. I've a few situations, like on the boat, where I'd want to mount it higher than the screen.

The other thing I'd like to find is some kind of portable table that packs up but is still reasonable resistant to being knocked over. As in, kids movie night and I don't want someone knocking it over accidentally. I realize nothing portable is going to be perfect.

The unit does not have a threaded camera mount underneath it. I don't think I'd use one even if it did as I'd prefer to avoid the tipping issues.

I use this one. Works great and packs up small and flat.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found my nirvana for both a table and for storage of the projector!

REI made a thing called the 'Pack-n-Prep'. It's basically a duffle bag with roll-up table top and fold-up legs built into it. They've since discontinued it, but I managed to find one.

It holds everything but the screen inside of it. It sets up in about 5 few minutes, basically just get the projector out of the bag, unfold the legs, unroll and snap the table top on them and set up the projector.

I've also added a laptop tray to give me some more tilt angle options:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0153H2QCO

My quest now is to find options for storing the screens. I want something I can use to roll up the screens instead of folding them. Something like sail bag or maybe a long rifle bag...

·
Registered
143 Posts

You can opt for an end table or side table.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts