AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine ran $2957 for a pristine floor model that had been in a low-traffic showroom for about a month -- no additional warranty. The place I bought it from quoted me $3200 for a new, in-the-box 57TWX20B. Chances are that price would come down some with a bit of haggling.

However, you will need to take into consideration your local area prices. Here in central Florida, CC consistently runs the 57SWX for $3000. Compare that to what CC sells it for in your area and you can get a general idea of the regional price difference.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I suggest you check out Sears.com periodically. I was shopping for the 57SWX20B and could not find a good price where I live in the "Piney Woods" of East Texas (there is nothing out here)!

I went to Sears.com and they had a special going for six hours (which they do as a promotion now and then) that gave you 10% off any internet order. The tv was $2999 so with the $300 off it only came to $2699 and that was better than any price I had seen around here.

Sears.com does not announce these specials but if you are in no hurry I'm sure they'll run something like this again in the next couple weeks (usually good from 6am to noon). Order it on line and go to the nearest Sears for pick-up or delivery arrangements - could not be easier.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was that 2699 price out the door, or pre-tax? OTD it's fantastic, and pre-tax it's still $200 cheaper than my quote!

·
Registered
11 Posts
1st post!

I bought my 57TWX last week for 2580(base) + 119(3yr warranty) pre-tax from Video Only in Seattle area. The list price was 2699 and he didn't hesitate on my offer. I'm sure he would've gone further. I told him I might take a look across the street(literally) at CC and see how much they would go down on an SWX. Video Only had theirs for 2499(list).

2927$ Out the door w/ warranty.

Craig

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by milacqua
I suggest you check out Sears.com periodically.

I do not believe that sears carries the TWX models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.