AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be purchasing a FPTV in the next couple of months, and am looking for a good place to purchase a 25-30 foot run of component video cable that won't break the bank.

I've visited Cable Solutions' e-bay store, and have looked at bluejeanscable.com. Any thoughts on these two and/or any suggestions for other possiblities?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Try www.rhinocables.com --they use Belden 1694a wire and Canare connectors. Top notch, great prices. Hard to beat!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I can't recommend www.haveinc.com enough. They will make any cable from any Belden/Canare cable that you specify. Great prices but $75 minimum for custom orders. I used the Canare V5-5CFB but you would only need the 3 channel version. Canare's best multi-cable is copmposed of 18 gauge wires and then specify gold Canare connectors.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,832 Posts
You will need to call Have, Inc. (I've never had them answer an e-mail). However, they are great to deal with & will make virtually any cable you specify (at a good price). Since you are going FPTV, you may need the 5 conductor cable depending on your setup (vs. the 3 that Dave mentioned).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll second Rhino Cables. Great products and service. If your budget allows look at the Perfromance series of component video cables. Recently upgraded mine from the Belden 1694a cables and its a definate upgrade.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, everyone for your replies.

Greg_R, I'm leaning quite heavily to the Plus Piano HE-3200. It supports progressive component video input. I've been assuming that implies the standard 3 RCA jack connection. What is the 5 conductor connection you're referring to?

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
The 5 connector is for an RGBHV connection (red, green, blue, horizontal synch, vertical synch)...basically another way of saying a VGA-type connection.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Chauncey G,

I'll "third" Rhino Cables. I too have a Piano (3100), and recently upgraded to the Performance Series Rhino Cables from s-video. I was stunned by the difference. About $150.00 for a set of 10M cables. They're beautiful, flexible, and man, do they work. Rhino is great to deal with, and has excellent shipping and delivery times. Worth every cent. They make the Piano sing! It's almost like "Being There".

Jim S.

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Chauncey, I've got the answer for you!!! See the thread here at this forum discussing comparative subjective quality of some different component video cabling. I am selling an 8M Better Cables Ultra RGB H/V Sync cables in perfect condition (made from Canare, which my subjective testing shows is better than Belden 1694A in my system). So if you want a fair deal e-mail me!!!!!

Woops - my cables are five cables in one, not three cables in one which you need, so you may not be interested. Oh well!

In any event, for inexpensive excellent video cabling, my experience is to recommend Canare!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bruzonsky
Chauncey, I've got the answer for you!!! See the thread here at this forum discussing comparative subjective quality of some different component video cabling. I am selling an 8M Better Cables Ultra RGB H/V Sync cables in perfect condition (made from Canare, which my subjective testing shows is better than Belden 1694A in my system). So if you want a fair deal e-mail me!!!!!

Woops - my cables are five cables in one, not three cables in one which you need, so you may not be interested. Oh well!

In any event, for inexpensive excellent video cabling, my experience is to recommend Canare!!
Are the cables with BNC ends? What is your price to 46060?

Dan Seewald

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will also have to give a nod to Rhino Cables, great service and price.

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Dan, my cables are BNCs at each end!!!

E-mail me (my e-mail is below) with your e-mail and I can give you the particulars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.