AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received new speakers, Intermezzo all around. 4.1t's are 6 ohm and 87 db efficient. They are much less efficient than my current def tech 2002TL's. They sound bright in comparison, but the soundstage is very clearly defined. I am using a four year old Denon 3600. 1800 bucks back in the day. I think is considered brighter than the current generation denon's. The speakers are very revealing of my amp and cd players shortcomings. I will probably be upgrading to denon 2900 cd in the next few months. I will probably get a new reciever in the next few months as well. I was thinking about an HK. I think I need a warmer amp, as these speakers are slightly more forward or bright with my current setup than I would I like.

I don't have much money left to dump into nice separates.

What do people think about a 525 with a nice used amp for the 4.1's. Any other reciever recommendations. I liked the pioneer 45 with the deftechs, but I am not sure with the infinity's.

What amp would you suggest under 1000. I do like my movies loud and obnoxious. The speakers have a big job to fill my whole downstairs, about 7000 ft3.

David

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any suggestions?

·
Registered
404 Posts
try a used odyssey stratos-

i am biased i own 2 mono block odyssey extremes

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know much about odyssey, but everything I've read has been positive.

Any other suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.