Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I'm picking up a set of Mirage Omnisats tomorrow. Size issue. I currently have a Yamaha RXV 992. Should I change my receiver to something more musical? When I got out of the audio industry 7 years ago NAD products were respected for their sound but had spotty reliability. I never see them mentioned anywhere. Any input would be appreciated

Zaxdad

·
Registered
109 Posts
I can't really help you from experience since I don't have either the Omnisats or a new receiver yet. The reason I'm responding is because I hope you'll post what your results are when you finally install the speakers and receiver. I'm looking at the Omnisats as one of my speaker finalists. I'm also looking at receivers as well.

Will you be wall mounting the Omnisats or placing them on stands?

As far as which receiver, I've heard good things about the NAD T762, Rotel RSX 1055, Denon AVR-3803, Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX, Harmon Kardon AVR8000, Harmon Kardon AVR-525, and the Onkyo TX-NR900. I've more or less narrowed it down to the NAD, and Rotel since they're supposed to be warmer and more musical than some of the others. I'm concerned with the satellite speakers that they may sound too bright unless a warm receiver is used. All of the receivers I listed run between about $800 and $1,200. I wouldn't spend more than that because you'll be wasting your money. The Omnisats won't give you better sound with a more expensive receiver than those listed.

Good luck and post your results for the benefit of those like me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Infosponge.

I wasn't sure what to even consider. I stopped by a local dealer and they had a Sony DA4es for $495.00. I'm going to pick it up tommorow. I just hooked up the Omnistats and my initial impression is very positive.

I'll keep you posted.

Zaxdad

·
Registered
515 Posts
the omnisats use Mirage's highly regarded PTH tweeter whish is, imo, one of the least bright titanium tweeters around (due to the resonance reducing cloth surround), so I would say to assume that "warm" would be the way to go is contrary to what I have found...I sell Mirage and Kenwood ,Denon, ES ,ELITE, AND Yamaha......I have had good experioance with the Yamaha/Mirage pairing.........

·
Registered
62 Posts
Zaxdad,

What model of omnisats did you get - I am looking at them as well. Also, are you using them for DVDs or Music - I saw some posts that did not like the sound of music through them.

Thank you,

Steven

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi Ladislav.

They are the omnisat 1p? Not the micro. They are in a video only system and so far I am very impressed. I ended up with a Sony STR 4es. Also pretty impressed with that. I was never a Sony fan but I couldn't pass up the deal I got.

zaxdad

·
Registered
107 Posts
Isnt it amazing how sometimes you can back into a great deal ($$$) and even when you think something is not that great it turns out to be really not that bad at all!!

Best of luck with your DA4ES. I really like mine alot!!

$495!!! Thats a steal even though it doesnt have 700watts!!

Alex

Let us know how much you like it or do not like it....like to hear from other 4es owners not so full of hot air!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We were listening to the Hell freezes over disc today and was just amazed how good it sounded in DTS.I'm thinking of buying three omnisat micros for the rear channel.I'm just getting so caught up in the upgrade cycle. One nice thing though, I've been out of the audio business for 71/2 years and am getting excited about this stuff again. Also looking for a new DVD player.

Thanks,

Zaxdad

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.