AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, sorry if this has been discussed before, couldn't find a thread..

I'm looking for a well made, comfortable recliner, but not like a theater style, just a regular recliner.

I tend to like something not too big and cushy, something a little more firm but still very comfortable.

Any quick recomendations/brands that you have been happy with?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have two different brands of recliners in my living room. One is a Lazy-Boy and one is made by Berkline. Both are have advantages and disadvantages. The lazy-boy rocks and reclines more (to an almost horizontal position), but it needs to be placed few feet away from the wall...

The Berkline does not rock, and can be placed right up against the wall. It doesn’t recline quite as far either... I like the feel and position of the Berkine for reclining, but sometimes if I am just watching TV or reading (and dont want to recline) I would rather sit in the Lazy-Boy and rock... The Berkline has a massage function, heat and cup holders which is nice, but none are a necessity. I don’t think I have ever used the massage/heat function except when I first got it and was trying it out.

Not sure if this helps much, but at least it gives you some ideas about what to look for. If I was going to by one good all around chair, I would pick the Lazy-boy for the simple fact that it rocks. You dont think about it, but sometimes you dont want to just sit still or recline!

For size reference... The Lazy-Boy is the tan one on the left, Berkline on the right...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks George, really appreciate you taking the time to reply!

I have, of course, heard of Lazy Boy, but this is the first I've heard of Berkline.. Are they a solid brand as far as quality and reputation?

Thanks again, looks like you have quite a comfy setup going

(I may consider a recliner that is a bit more "streamlined" and less bulky if such an animal exists!)

·
Registered
223 Posts
John --as stated MANY times before --talk to ROMAN about Berkline seats. We all have them in our theaters and they ROCK --you can have buttkicker installed in them and they are SUPER comfortable at a very reasonable price. Way BETTER than any laxy boy any day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts