AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, got a small ding on one of my RC-70's. Looking for a rosenut colored pen to touch up with but am having a hard time finding one. Anyone have a recommendation? Any help appreciated. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor /forum/post/18255960


Hey guys, got a small ding on one of my RC-70's. Looking for a rosenut colored pen to touch up with but am having a hard time finding one. Anyone have a recommendation? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Home Depot has the Minwax brand of "wood finish" markers that we use exclusively. I believe they are virtually identical to the Mohawk version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDZeke /forum/post/18256472


Perhaps you can find a good match with one of these products.
http://www.shopwoodrepairproducts.com/touchup.aspx

I've used them often, they work very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynlunatic /forum/post/18256569


Home Depot has the Minwax brand of "wood finish" markers that we use exclusively. I believe they are virtually identical to the Mohawk version.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll probably try the Minwax one first. Looks like the touch up pencil #7 might be a match. I'll drop by Home Depot on the way home from work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menasor /forum/post/18257688


Thanks for the reply guys. I'll probably try the Minwax one first. Looks like the touch up pencil #7 might be a match. I'll drop by Home Depot on the way home from work.

Don't be afraid to blend colors to get a match. Stick with the wax pencils rather than the liquid pens. The wax will fill the low spots as well as coloring to match. And it won't contaminate nearby pristine finish. And if you screw up the color, simply buff off the wax and start over until you get a match. It's really pretty easy and Minwax makes good touch up pencils.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnefied /forum/post/18258217


Don't be afraid to blend colors to get a match. Stick with the wax pencils rather than the liquid pens. The wax will fill the low spots as well as coloring to match. And it won't contaminate nearby pristine finish. And if you screw up the color, simply buff off the wax and start over until you get a match. It's really pretty easy and Minwax makes good touch up pencils.

There might be something somewhat similar sitting around your home. The bigger sizes have more browns and reds. >
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VZTE9H4RKg...00/crayola.jpg
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top