Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I went ahead and bought a Zenith Silver Sensor. It works okay, but I don't like that I have to rotate the antenna around to get different stations. I thought I was lucky in that the stations I need to get are all close to me and in the same direction (321 degrees to 323 degrees). I thought because of this, I could just get one set top antenna, point it in the direction of the stations, and I'd be all set. I guess that might have just been wishful thinking...lol.

Is there a set top antenna (that isn't to big, bulky, and ugly) that will pick up stations 20-25 miles away in the same general direction without the need to rotate and adjust the antenna to bring them in?

Thanks again for all the help so far...

FYI:

I'm in Stockton, CA (Zip 95219) and the stations I'm trying to get are all in the closest (yellow) zone when I do a search on antennaweb.org.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
While the SS is very directional, you probably should not have the problem you are describing. With the towers within two degrees of each other, even the most directional antenna should get them no problem. I suspect there is another fly in the ointment. Are you on a lower level? Is there some hilly or mountainous terrain between you and the towers? Even though 20-25 miles seems close, with an indoor antenna, it may be a bit of a stretch. I had the SS indoors, then moved it to my garage rafters, and still had some problems with a lower power station only 15 miles away. So, even though folks sing the praises of the SS, it does have its shortcomings. Others might suggest a RS indoor antenna w/preamp like this one .

Good luck.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
The problem indoors is wire-mesh in stucco walls can really reduce signal level and also can bounce off walls making direct reception difficult. Try moving the antenna near to point out a glass window in the direction of the broadcast towers, or move it on the back porch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.