AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just ordered a Beyerdynamic DT 880 and I mainly want to use it for Silent Cinema.

I have a Yamaha 861, and sometimes the it has to be quiet, but I still want to play my Xbox 360 (ok, the Xbox is not THAT quiet, too, but still
).

I was wondering if anyone has played around a lot with the different DSP-programs that can be used for SC and has maybe found out some settings that work out well. I tried it some days ago with my really bad headphones and with just the factory settings of spectacle etc., and while the surround effect itselft worked surprisingly well, I thought that the "back" sound was a little too silent, and with a little bit too much reverb.

So if anyone has some ideas or experiences, please post.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kron /forum/post/14315926

Hi,

I just ordered a Beyerdynamic DT 880 and I mainly want to use it for Silent Cinema.

I have a Yamaha 861, and sometimes the it has to be quiet, but I still want to play my Xbox 360 (ok, the Xbox is not THAT quiet, too, but still
).

I was wondering if anyone has played around a lot with the different DSP-programs that can be used for SC and has maybe found out some settings that work out well. I tried it some days ago with my really bad headphones and with just the factory settings of spectacle etc., and while the surround effect itselft worked surprisingly well, I thought that the "back" sound was a little too silent, and with a little bit too much reverb.

So if anyone has some ideas or experiences, please post.

Well, sorry to resurrect an old topic but it really fits my scenario. I have a 360, I have DT 880 and I'm looking for good options to get surround out of headphones.

Yamaha seems to have the most promising technology or so it seems to me. Am I mistaken? Is it good? Is it bad? How is it for positional audio in gaming?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts