AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed over on the SonicBlue site that sometime since the Denon buyout the RioReciever has been put back on the site. This is cool because SonicBlue discontinued this very nice, popular product quite some time ago. I take this a very good sign.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have owned two of these units - both were satisfactory.

Audio playback/quality was great, however the interface on the unit wasn't the best (not nearly) and the software for the PC was never very Windows XP friendly.

Other than that and there high price, they were good for techy people, like myself, but not very very good for my parents.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The Rio Receive is there as a clearance item. Which makes sense because they sold the Rio line and will want to get rid of old inventory.

I bought one which should come in tomorrow. I'll post here with my thoughts.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mburkhart
The Rio Receive is there as a clearance item. Which makes sense because they sold the Rio line and will want to get rid of old inventory.

I bought one which should come in tomorrow. I'll post here with my thoughts.
The referbs are on the front page...If you look under the Home Audio section, it looks like they have new ones too.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with the Rio Receiver. I have two in continuous use, and one refurb that I don't think works.

Talking with one of the engineers of the product on the Rio Receiver boards, I hear that they have fairly high-end audio components in them. On the other hand, I'd be a lot happier if they had digital outputs.

And the software completely, totally, unashamedly sucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.