AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Does anyone have any recomendations on some good VFD software I can use? Thanks

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
It depends on what you want to do/display with it.

e.g. there are several GIRDER plugins for HTPC/Display usage around. You can download them at www.GIRDER.nl

PS: what display are you using?

____

Axel

·
Registered
5,052 Posts

e.g. there are several GIRDER plugins for HTPC/Display usage around. You can download them at www.GIRDER.nl

PS: what display/case are you using?

____

Axel

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys. I'm using the Kanam HT-200S (black).

Can I use any of those plugins with Zoom Player?

Thanks!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm also using The Kanam case, from Digital Connection. That case is using Samsung 16T202DA1E VFD. Unfortunately that VFD module is not that popular.

DC recommending LCDSmartie, but as far as I know, that software is buggy and the website is gone. I'm looking into LCD Driver , just not sure if it will work on the Samsung 16T202DA1E since it's parallel port. Give that a try and see if it works, I don't have time to try it yet.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JoshFink
I know this thread is old but did anyone find software for the VFD on the Kanam case?

Thanks

Josh
As mentioned already, Girder with the LCD plugin supports the display (we are talking about a 16x2 VFD with parallel port, correct?)

____

Axel

·
Registered
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axel

PS: what display/case are you using?

____

Axel
I may just be slow, but I could never get DVDSpy to work with Girder....

Are there any threads around here on how to set it up? I had major problems making sure I had all the files in the correct direcories, etc...

Thanks!

-Ryan

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RyanDinan
I may just be slow, but I could never get DVDSpy to work with Girder....

Are there any threads around here on how to set it up? I had major problems making sure I had all the files in the correct direcories, etc...

Thanks!

-Ryan
Here is a good one. In particular MMCM's post was very helpful to me.

I agree, this Girder think has quite a steep learning curve.....

Hope, this helps!

____

Axel

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm using jaLCDs with the LCDZoomP plugin. jaLCDs works great standalone and I can get the LCDZoomP plugin to work well by writing a .BAT file that launches LCDZoomP and Zoomplayer simultaneously (LCDZP "should" always listen for ZP commands, but I found it's intermittent). I tried LCDSmartie and Girder with the DVDSpy plugin - LCDSmartie was somewhat unstable and the interface was pretty clumsy; Girder made my brain hurt and really seemed to be overkill for just driving a silly little VFD! :)

If anyone has any tips/tricks/config advice for jaLCDs with the LCDZoomP plugin, I'd appreciate sharing! I can display system info continously and display ZP info when I play a disc (all through myHTPC), however, I can't get LCDZoomP to reconnect and display ZP info when I'm playing a DVD ripped to the HD.

Wow....that's a lot of acronyms.... :D

Jason

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.