AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a receiver for (currently 5.1) system.

Have a powered sub and 5 speakers now.

1080p capable TV

Satellite (Dish) and Blue-ray (Sony) and Ipod

Needs.

Connect Sat, Blue-ray and Ipod (can purchase cradle if needed).

Run 5.1 HT (possibly 7.1)

Need capability to power 2 outdoor speakers for music (dont need to run HT and outdoor at the same time)

HDMI switching for BR and Sat

Under $600 (or very close if there is a great option just above that)

Solid performer and features - future proof (5+ years)

Ok, you gurus. Hoping to get your suggestions. Is there 2-4 units out there that would be on everyones short list based on these needs?

There is so much information out there. I appreciate any and all help.

· Registered
3,007 Posts
HK254, Denon 1910/790, Pioneer 1019, Onkyo 607, and Yamaha 665. I don't like the Yamaha and Pioneer as both companies are scaling back their amp sections. The Denon or HK would have my vote.

· Registered
2,156 Posts
Denon 1910 sounds like it would fit the bill. http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/4858.asp#

Does everything you need, including zone 2 for your outdoor needs, and it has all of the latest Audyssey features, which are worth their weight in gold. As well as the Anchor Bay video processing with pass through. This is the unit I would go with in your price range. Just my .02

Mike

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For zone 2 I would probably look to use the ipod or BR (playing CD) as a feed.

Was reading somewhere about the Denon 1910 not being able to play to zone 2 except from an analog source.

Is that true?

Any other "clarifications" that I need to keep from making a mistake?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.