AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi crankin123. I would humbly suggest Aperion Audio. http://www.aperionaudio.com With threads like this, I think you'll get a torrent of suggestions for whatever it is that people happen to own. Most people naturally think that the stuff they use is the best stuff, go figure.
Ask yourself if you do more movies or more music. Speakers can be good at both, but some features are more important for different types of listening (ie: expansive soundstage over low frequency extension for surrounds). Aperion's speakers ship free with a 30 day in-home trial. They'll pay back shipping if you don't like them, too, so no risk, really. If you've got 2K to throw around I'd try for something like the Intimus 4T-CB Hybrid SD for home theater primarily, or maybe the Intimus 5B Harmony HD for multi-channel music. Keep in mind that the packages are just suggested groupings. All of the speakers are timbre matched and there is no disadvantage price-wise for mixing and matching.

Happy hunting!

PS: How is the 3400ES? I've heard a lot of good things about Sony's "Elevated Standards" line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts