AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurPE /forum/post/18136141

I have an old 'Stereophile' (the magazine) disc...

one thing, it only has test tones up to 1000 hz, which is odd...

there's a few on ebay for use with a SPL meter

Not really odd. Most rooms have the greatest problems in the bass range with nulls, standing waves, and corners creating gain. That's why the Stereophile disc has a bunch of test tones from 20Hz to 200Hz and then jumps to 1KHz. If you can get the low frequencies to behave, the higher frequency problems will often be simply controlling reflection points which is a relatively easy thing to do.

·
Registered
30,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktailjiver /forum/post/18136054

Hi all,

Can someone please recommend a good stereophile test cd? Just looking for one that will help me get the EQ right and not leave any holes in the sound.

Thanks

George

You don't need a CD for that. Take a look at TrueRTA and RoomEQ Wizard software.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/18139206

You don't need a CD for that. Take a look at TrueRTA and RoomEQ Wizard software.

Yes, those are infinitely better and more accurate than any test CD, including my own:

Test Tone CD

But at least mine is high resolution, versus the typical 1/3 octave test tones that are basically worthless.

--Ethan

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.