AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
6,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reuters reported this morning that John Ritter has passed away due to a heart attack. It got me to thinking. I used to watch him OTA when I was a kid. Now twenty something years later I was again watching him OTA in HD. Funny how things are. I don't see how 8 simple rules survives. I usually don't care about actors one way or the other but I always liked him.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
this is sad news, i just saw this on the news too. i was very very much looking forward to his show this coming season, it has become a favorite. i especially liked the ep they did last season spoofing Three's Company.

i remember watching that show as a kid with my parents.

He will be missed in these parts, we had some good laughs in the past, and recently again watching his fine work. god bless him and his family.

this must have been very difficult for his co stars . crew and of course it goes without saying his family.

i really feel badly for his young co stars toom this really could have been the season for them that helps solidified their careers. not that that is important but still it is sad from them

i too don't i likely that 8 simple rules survivies, but if they tried to some how go on in his memory, etc. i would be supportive of it and certainly make a point to watch

yes sangs, not a good start to the day. Mr. Cash too, i had not heard that :( very sad

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Oh, it gets worse.

For you NASCAR fans, Tara Howell Parker, wife of Dale Jarrett crew chief Shawn Parker and her two sisters were killed in a car wreak Wednesday night in a weird DWI accident where they were riding in a rented limo returning home after the Fleetwood Mac Concert in Greensboro, NC when a drunk driver hit the rear of their limo after it had stopped due to night road construction on I-40 and the limo exploded and the three women burned to death. The drunk driver escaped with only minor injuries. It was his fourth DWI.

The three women had taken the limo thinking it was safer than driving themselves.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TimGoodwin
And what is going to happen to Clifford the Big Red Dog?
Along those same lines, I read earlier this week that the 17-year-old that provided the voice for "Caillou" - another PBS show - died in an automobile accident. Pretty weird if you ask me.

·
Registered
257 Posts
"Three's Company" was my family's favorite show when we first came to the US in the early 80's. We watched it to learn English, and for the slapstick comedy (which is universal).

I was a kid back then. It's not until a few years ago when I re-watched the show and realized all the sexual innuendos.

Now I wish they would reshow the "8 rules", so I can capture and have some sort of a John Ritter memorial page.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sangs
Along those same lines, I read earlier this week that the 17-year-old that provided the voice for "Caillou" - another PBS show - died in an automobile accident. Pretty weird if you ask me.

Man, Barney better watch himself over the next couple of months. They always go in 3's!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
At least we won't have to sit through another 3's company anthology.

As far as 8 simple rules, I can already see the final episode, all of them sitting around the living room crying, a very maudlin scene indeed. The Girl who plays the "Kelly Bundy" Role, will I predict, have some limited success, in her post 8 simple rules professional life. the readhead, I dunno. As far as Katy Segal, what happened to the good ol' days of being typecast ?? Wish those days would return.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
i think the other girl will do well too; tho she is older then people think mid twenties, i think

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
John ....... you are one of the funniest actors in TV history. With the success ABC show, goes to show how much talent he had.

You will be missed, God Bless you.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
My God, what a terrible day. My alarm clock went off and the very first thing on was someone saying, "I can't believe this, John Ritter died last night of a heart attack!" I hit the snooze and nine minutes later the first thing I heard was, "Johnny Cash also died last night." What an awful way to start the day. :(

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The way that Ritter passed (undiagnosed defect in his aorta) is making me seriously think about getting one of those heart scan tests for my impending 40th birthday... especially since both of my grandfathers died from heart attacks.

Goodbye, John. Thanks for a quarter-century of entertaining us... you will be missed. :(

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes, it is a sad day to loose two great entertainers on the same day.

Also, very sad to hear about the lady's killed in the I-40 accident involving the drunk driver. What a crime...4 DWI's??? I hope he gets life in prison.

jammarjim

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
abc reported yesterday was his five years olds birthday; if true how sad for that little girl to have her birthday be the anniversary of your father's untimely and far too early death

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
i also heard someone[i forgot who]from hogan's heroes[the gadget nut i think]died today also

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.